Supplier of Nitronic 60 Stainless Steel
Specifications of Nitronic 60 also equivalent to :
Alloy 218 | UNS S21800
Bar – ASTM A193 GRD B8S, ASTM A194, ASTM A276, ASTM A479, AMS 5848, ASME SA 193, ASME SA 194, ASME SA 479, ASME SA 479 GRD B8S
Plate – ASTM A240
Wire – AMS 5848 (Weld Wire A5.9 ER 218)
Sheet – ASTM A240
Forging – ASTM A182, ASTM A193, ASTM A276, AMS 5848
Rings – AMS 5848
Extrusions – AMS 5848
Other – UNS S21800
Properties of Nitronic 60
Nitronic 60 is truly an all purpose metal. This fully austenitic alloy was originally designed as a temperature alloy, and subsequently has good high temperature properties for temperatures around 1800ºF.
The oxidation resistance of Nitronic 60 is similar to stainless steel 309SS., and far superior to stainless steel 304SS. This grade is best known for its wear and galling resistance.
The additions of Silicon and Manganese have given this alloy a matrix to inhibit wear, galling, and fretting even in the annealed condition. Higher strengths are attainable through cold working the material and is still fully austenitic after severe cold-working. This working does not enhance the anti-galling properties as is normal for carbon steels and some stainless steels. The benefit to the cold or hot work put into the material is added strength and hardness, and the wear resistance does not decrease noticeably.
Chromium and Nickel additions give it comparable corrosion to Grade 304 and Grade 316 stainless steels, while having approximately twice the yield strength. The high mechanical strength in annealed parts permits use of reduced cross sections for weight, and cost reductions through the use of thinner stock.
Nitronic 60 is a high Silicon, high Manganese, Nitrogen strengthened austenitic stainless alloy.
Nitronic 60 is an all purpose metal that was originally designed as a temperature alloy and therefore has good high temperature properties for temperatures around 1800ºF.
Nitronic 60 is used in the Aerospace , Food and Drug, Oil Field, Petrochemical, Surgical and Chemical Processing Industries.
Chemical Composition of Stainless Steel Nitronic 60
|Nitronic 60||8 - 9||16 - 18||7 - 9||3.5 - 4.5||0.08 - 0.018||0.75 max||0.10 max|
* Availability – Nitronic 60 Stainless Steel is available in Sheet, Plate, Strip, Bars (Round, Square), Wire, Forgings, Rings, Extrusions.
Mechanical Properties of Alloy 218 (Nitronic 60)
|Condition||Ultimate Tensile||Yield Strength||Elongation in 4D||Reduction of Area|
|Tensile ksi||(0.2%) ksi||%||%|
|Nitronic 60 |
[ Under 0.5'' ]
|Nitronic 60 |
[ Over 0.5'' ]
Applications for UNS S21800 (Stainless Steel Grade Nitronic 60)
Type Nitronic 60 Stainless Steel can be used in following applications :
- Automotive valves – can withstand gas temperatures of upto 1500°F for a minimum of 50,000 miles.
- Fastener galling – capable of frequent assembly and disassembly, allowing more use of the fastener before the threads are torn up, also helps to eliminate corroded or frozen fasteners.
- Pins – Used in roller prosthetics & chains to ensure a better fit of parts (closer tolerance, non-lubricated) and longer lasting.
- Marine shafts – better corrosion than types 304 and 316, with double the yield strength.
- Pin and hanger expansion joints for bridges – better corrosion, galling-resistance, low temperature toughness, & high charpy values at sub-zero temps compared to the A36 and A588 carbon steels commonly used.
Our Sales and Supplier Network in Nitronic 60 / Alloy 218 / UNS S21800 Stainless Steel :
With over many years of experience and strong global sourcing networking in the market, we are proud to be the Nitronic Stainless Steel Supplier and Exporter to :
- Australia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, China, Vietnam, Belgium, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, France, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Sweden, United States, Dubai, Finland, Brunei, Germany.
Besides, we have the full range of Stainless Steel sheets, Stainless Steel Round Bar, Stainless Steel Rods, Stainless Steel Plate which consists of
– 300 Series Stainless Steel : SUS304, SUS304L, SUS309, SUS310, SUS316Ti, SUS317, SUS321, SUS347
– 400 Series Stainless Steel : SUS403, SUS410, SUS420, SUS431, SUS440C, SUS630, SUS904L
– Nitronic 30, Nitronic 50, Nitronic 60
– Super Duplex S32750, S32760