Supplier of Nitronic 50 ® Stainless Steel
Specifications of Nitronic 50 Stainless Steel also known as :
XM-19 | UNS S20910
Properties of Stainless Steel Grade Nitronic 50
Nitronic 50 Stainless Steel provides a combination of corrosion resistance and strength not found in any other commercial material available in its price range. This austenitic stainless has corrosion resistance greater than that provided by Stainless Steel Grade 316 (SUS316) and Stainless Steel Grade 316L (SUS316L), plus approximately twice the yield strength at room temperature.
In addition, NITRONIC 50 Stainless has very good mechanical properties at both elevated and sub-zero temperatures. And, unlike many austenitic stainless steels, NITRONIC 50 does not become magnetic when cold worked.
Ask for our SALES TEAM for more information about our product availability on Nitronic 50 Stainless Steel.
Chemistry Composition of Stainless Steel XM-19
|Chromium, Cr||20.5 - 23.5|
|Nickel, Ni||11.5 - 13.5|
|Manganese, Mn||4 - 6|
|Molybdenum, Mo||1.5 - 3|
|Silicon, Si||1 max|
|Nitrogen, N||0.20 - 0.40|
|Niobium, Nb||0.10 - 0.30|
|Vanadium, Va||0.10 - 0.30|
|Phosphorous, P||0.04 max|
|Carbon, C||0.06 max|
|Sulfur, S||0.010 max|
Mechanical Properties of Nitronic 50
|Tensile Strength||690 MPa||100 ksi|
|Yield Strength||380 MPa||55 ksi|
XM-19 Stainless Steel (Nitronic 50) can be supplied annealed at 1950 F to 2050 F (1066 C to 1121 C). For most applications, the 1950 F (1066 C) condition should be selected, as it provides a higher level of mechanical properties along with excellent corrosion resistance. When as-welded material is to be used in strongly corrosive media, the 2050 F (1121 C) condition should be specified in order to minimize the possibility of an intergranular attack.
NITRONIC 50 Stainless Steel provides outstanding corrosion resistance – superior to Types 316, 316L, 317 and 317L in many media. For many applications, the 1950 F (1066 C) annealed condition provides adequate corrosion resistance and a higher strength level. In very corrosive media or where the material is to be used in the as-welded condition, the 2050 F (1121 C) annealed condition should be specified. High-Strength (HS) NITRONIC 50 bars are useful for applications such as shafting and bolting, but do not quite exhibit the corrosion resistance of the annealed conditions in all environments.
The resistance to intergranular attack is excellent even when sensitized at 1250 F (675 C) for one hour to simulate the heat-affected zone of heavy weldments. Material annealed at 1950 F (1066 C) has very good resistance to intergranular attack for most applications. However, when thick sections are used in the as-welded condition in certain strongly corrosive media, the 2050 F (1121 C) condition gives optimum corrosion resistance.
Stress-Corrosion Cracking Resistance
In common with most stainless steels, under certain conditions, NITRONIC 50 Stainless Steel may stress-corrosion crack in hot chloride environments. When tested in boiling 420/0 MgCI2 solution, a very accelerated test, NITRONIC 50 Stainless Steel is between types 304 and 316 stainless steels in resistance to cracking. There is little difference in susceptibility to cracking whether in the annealed, high-strength (HS), or cold-drawn conditions.
Sulfide Stress Cracking
Both laboratory tests and field service experience have shown that NITRONIC 50 stainless has excellent resistance to sulfide stress cracking in air conditions. NITRONIC 50 in both the annealed and high-strength (hot rolled) conditions has been included in the 1996 revision of NACE Standard MR-01 -75′ “Sulfide Stress Cracking Resistant Metallic Material for Oil Field Equipment,” at hardness levels up to RC 35 maximum. The resistance to cracking in laboratory tests in synthetic sour-well solution(5% NaCI + ½% acetic acid. saturated with H2S)
Technical Applications of UNS S20910 (Xm-19 Nitronic 50)
- Superior corrosion resistance
- Almost double the yield strength
- Exceptionally low magnetic permeability
- Outstanding cryogenic properties
Outstanding corrosion resistance gives NITRONIC 50 Stainless Steel the leading edge for applications where Stainless Steel Type 316, Type 316L, Type 317 and Type 317L are only marginal.
It’s an effective alloy for the petroleum, petrochemical, chemical, fertilizer, nuclear fuel recycling, pulp and paper, textile, food processing and marine industries.
- Components using the combination of excellent corrosion resistance and high strength currently include pumps, valves and fittings, fasteners, cables, chains, screens and wire cloth, marine hardware, boat and pump shafting, heat exchanger parts, springs and photographic equipment.
- Fastener – High strength and higher strength fasteners can improve the durability of your equipment
- Marine hardware – Mastings, tie-downs
- Marine and Pump shafts – better corrosion than SUS304 and SUS316, with double the yield strength.
- Valves and fittings – better corrosion than SS304 and SS316, with double the yield strength.
- Downhole rigging – better corrosion than SUS 304, SUS 316 and 17-4PH, with double the yield strength in the annealed condition.
- Reduced cross-sections – better corrosion than SUS 304, SUS 316 and 17-4PH.
Our Sales and Supplier Network in Nitronic 50 / XM-19 / UNS S20910 Stainless Steel :
With over many years of experience and strong global sourcing networking in the market, we are proud to be the Nitronic Stainless Steel Supplier and Exporter to :
- Australia, Pakistan, Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan, China, Vietnam, Belgium, Japan, South Korea, Philippines, France, United Kingdom, Indonesia, Thailand, Hong Kong, China, Sweden, United States, Dubai, Finland, Brunei, Germany.
Besides, we have the full range of Stainless Steel sheets, Stainless Steel Round Bar, Stainless Steel Rods, Stainless Steel Plate which consists of
– 300 Series Stainless Steel : SUS304, SUS304L, SUS309, SUS310, SUS316Ti, SUS317, SUS321, SUS347
– 400 Series Stainless Steel : SUS403, SUS410, SUS420, SUS431, SUS440C, SUS630, SUS904L
– Nitronic 30, Nitronic 50, Nitronic 60
– Super Duplex S32750, S32760